This article answers the most common questions we receive about Extensiv Network Manager.
What is Extensiv Network Manager?
Extensiv Network Manager (currently in beta) is a combined program of software, services, and tools that link 3PL warehouse providers together to manage their network of warehouse capacity, visibility, and order orchestration across multiple 3PL Warehouse Manager accounts.
It is designed to help 3PLs better serve their customers by allowing for automated geographic distribution of inventory, managing customer accounts with new facilities, and extending new value-added services seamlessly across the supply chain.
What is the difference between 3PL Warehouse Manager and Extensiv Network Manager?
Extensiv Network Manager is built on the backbone of the entire Extensiv software suite, including 3PL Warehouse Manager. 3PL Warehouse Manager is still used by each warehouse for normal operations such as receiving orders, picking, packing, and shipping. Extensiv Network Manager is a new technical overlay that provides inventory visibility, transaction visibility, and order routing across multiple 3PL Warehouse Manager accounts.
The warehouse operators can work exclusively in 3PL Warehouse Manager while administrators can monitor the complete network through the Extensiv Network Manager interface.
What are the main benefits of Network Manager for 3PLs?
There are several advantages to participating in Extensiv Network Manager, but here are benefits we think you'll care about most:
- Complete visibility: Inventory and transaction details across all networked warehouses and a single, dedicated warehouse and customer processing portal. This eliminates duplicate entry, the confusion of multiple logins and systems, and expensive "virtual" warehouses.
- Order routing: Logic-based order routing and management tools automatically send orders to the best fulfillment center in the network based upon virtually unlimited business rules, and seamless order flows from cart to the WMS (3PL Warehouse Manager) and back without duplicate setups or convoluted tagging—with real-time order processing status across all servicing facilities.
- Seamless inventory management: A holistic view of inventory levels across network warehouses. Manage inventory throughout your network by seeing real-time levels and alerts.
- Simplified setup and maintenance: Many 3PLs have built partnerships with other 3PLs, but building and operating these networks results in extensive technology expense and unreliable, manually-built integrations. Extensiv Network Manager eliminates the complexity of managing the software.
Am I eligible to participate in Extensiv Network Manager?
Extensiv Network Manager is built for 3PLs who have an immediate or near-term need to expand their service footprint by partnering with other, similar 3PLs in multiple regions. Best-fit customers often have high-volume, ecommerce fulfilment needs or overflow/replenishment requirements with partner warehouses.
I am already working with a partner warehouse. Can we use Extensiv Network Manager?
Yes, Extensiv Network Manager can facilitate a private network for you and your existing partners. Extensiv Network Manager will provide visibility to transactions and inventory across all 3PL Warehouse Manager accounts through a single login. By adding Extensiv Network Manager, you will also have access to our order routing capabilities and advanced connectivity options for carts, marketplaces, and ERPs.
Do 3PLs have direct relationships with the customers/brands they're servicing through the network?
Every customer has a direct relationship with a 3PL who owns the relationship for billing, customer service, support, strategy, and other services that a 3PL would generally perform for their customers. When business is outsourced to additional 3PLs, those servicing 3PLs have a relationship with the owning 3PL and not directly with the customer.
How is pricing managed?
As the 3PL that owns the relationship with the customer, you can set your own tariff rates for services.
How do I know that my warehouse partners are good service fits?
Partner 3PLs that service business within the network are thoroughly vetted by Extensiv subject-matter experts (SMEs) and must meet certain standards for volume and service excellence. Additionally, Extensiv actively engages in all partnership aspects to ensure business contacts are running smoothly and can take correction if they are not.
I am looking for 3PL partners to help extend my services. Can Extensiv Network Manager help?
This is precisely why we built Extensiv Network Manager. Our growing network of participating 3PLs on our Fulfillment Marketplace, as well as hand-selected, top-performing 3PLs running 3PL Warehouse Manager, are located across the country and offer a wide variety of specialty services—from storage to pick and pack to Seller Fulfilled Prime and more. We are expertly matching your service needs with best fit, well-qualified warehouse partners.
How can I get started with Network Manager?
If you're interested in accessing Network Manager, you must contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to get started. Once Network Manager is added to your subscription, you will be put in touch with an Extensiv representative and be asked to provide them with the following information:
- The primary user who will be managing the network (this user will be responsible for inviting additional users to the platform)
- Which partner 3PL(s) you will be working with, if any (we can help you source these if needed)
- Which customers you want to be a part of the network
- Which specific warehouses you will be leveraging in the network
- The alias names you want to use for each warehouse
- The alias names you want to use for each warehouse for the customer view (if you'd like this to vary from the warehouse user view)
- How you want orders routed (e.g., by destination state)
- Full names, email addresses, and titles of additional users you want added to the platform
Once you provide an Extensiv representative with the above details, you will receive an invitation email inviting you to join Extensiv Hub (which is where all Extensiv products will eventually be accessed).