4PL Network Manager is a paid program that allows you to work with other 3PL providers to serve additional customers. The first phase of this platform, currently in beta, is accessed in 3PL Warehouse Manager's Support Portal and allows you to identify specific details about your warehouse offerings and opt in to the 4PL network.
This article reviews how to enter warehouse details in the Support Portal.
To learn more about 4PL Network Manager, please see our 4PL Network Manager FAQs.
These guidelines require you to have Support Portal access—if you are unable to open the Support Portal, please see our Support Portal FAQs to learn how to access.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant sections below.
To get started, check out the following video that covers several of our FAQs and reviews the process for entering warehouse details, or review the written guidelines below.
log in to 3PL Warehouse Manager, then navigate to the Support Portal.
In the Support Portal, open the Account page, then select View warehouse details to open the Warehouse Details page.
By default, the grid displays all warehouses that are currently set up in 3PL Warehouse Manager under Warehouse > Manage Warehouse.
From here, you have two options:
- Enter details for warehouses managed within the WMS. To do this, select a warehouse name from the grid.
- Enter details for warehouses that are not managed within the WMS. To do this, select Add Warehouse above the grid.
Creating a warehouse in the Support Portal allows you to capture facility information for warehouses that are not set up in 3PL Warehouse Manager. If you create a new warehouse here, it will not be reflected in the WMS, as this information is strictly for reference purposes.
Each section is reviewed in detail below. Once you enter all relevant information, click Save to populate the warehouse data in the Warehouse Details grid.
Once saved, you can update the warehouse details at any time by selecting the warehouse name from the grid, making your changes, then clicking Save.
If you'd like to remove a non-WMS-managed warehouse from the Warehouse Details page, click Remove, then Confirm. Please note that you can only remove warehouses that are not managed within 3PL Warehouse Manager. If you would like to remove a WMS-managed warehouse from your 3PL Central subscription, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
The Warehouse Information section displays the name, address, and contact information for the selected warehouse.
- If you are adding a new warehouse that is not managed within 3PL Warehouse Manager, each of the corresponding fields are editable.
- If you are entering information for a warehouse that is managed within 3PL Warehouse Manager, you cannot edit this information.
*better screenshot to come before publishing*
- If you need to update the information in this section, please do so from the WMS under Warehouse > Manage Warehouse.
- Any changes made in the WMS will reflect in the Support Portal at 05:00 PT the following day.
The Capacities sections allows you to specify a number of capacities and capabilities that your warehouse supports.
- Total SqFt: Total number of square feet in the warehouse
- Available SqFt: Total number of unoccupied square feet in the warehouse
- Total Pallet Positions: Total number of spaces available for storing movable units
- Available Pallet Positions: Total number of unoccupied spaces available for storing movable units
- Number of Dock Doors: Total number of dock doors available at the warehouse
- Total Trailers Loaded In/Out Daily: Average number of trailers loaded in and out of the warehouse on a daily basis
- Ecommerce Orders Filled Daily: Average number of ecommerce orders (e.g., orders placed via online shopping carts) shipped out of the warehouse on a daily basis
- Total Containers Devanned Daily: Average number of containers devanned out of the warehouse on a daily basis
- Additional Daily Devan Capacity: Total number of unoccupied spaces for devanning
The Service Offerings section allows you to indicate which services your warehouse offers.
To identify a service as available in your warehouse, select one or more services from the 'Service Options' list (using < Ctrl > or < Shift > to multi-select), then select the top arrow pointing toward the 'Selected Services' list.
If you need to remove a selected service, choose it from the list, then select the bottom arrow pointing toward the 'Service Options' list.
Hours of Operation
The Hours of Operation section allows you to define the days and hours which your warehouse operates.
Click the selection box next to each day of the week your warehouse is open, then select the corresponding opening and closing hours of each day. Note that the selected times apply to the time zone in which your warehouse is located.
The 4PL Network section allows you to indicate whether you'd like to allow your warehouse to accept new business through the 4PL network. Note: This section is only available for WMS-managed warehouses.
When this checkbox is selected, this indicates that the warehouse has available capacity for servicing additional customers from other 3PL providers within the 4PL network. Once saved, the '4PL Network' value on the Warehouse Details page shows as 'True'.
Please note that not all warehouses will qualify to accept new business as part of the 4PL network. This checkbox is simply an indication that you are interested in accepting new 4PL network business and would like your CSM to follow up with you about participation.