The Sandbox environment is an instance of 3PL Warehouse Manager and SmartScan that is separate from the live production environment you normally use to manage your warehouse operations. This article reviews the basics of using the Sandbox environment.
If you don't currently have Sandbox and are interested in this offering, contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to learn more.
If you need help accessing Sandbox, please ask your warehouse administrator to create a user account for you. They'll need to reference the login credentials included in the Sandbox welcome email they received upon purchasing this premium feature.
What Sandbox is used for
Sandbox is essentially an isolated test environment that enables you to do the following:
- Engage in development and integration work without risking unintended changes to your live data
- Experiment with different 3PL and customer configurations without impacting other users
- Take advantage of 30-day trials for premium features
- Gain early access and test new functionality in advance of production releases
What to expect when using Sandbox
We offer three different types of Sandbox environments—each available upon request:
- Empty Sandbox, which contains no data
- Sample Sandbox, which contains generic sample data
- Copied Sandbox, which resembles your production data
If you would like your instance of Sandbox to resemble your production data, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) and request a copy of your production environment. Once copied, you can view each of your copied Sandbox environments and refresh that data in the Support Portal.
Please note that a copied database does not reflect up-to-the-minute data—it is instead taken from a backup copy of your database, so the Sandbox data is typically one day old, but it could be as long as one week old. In addition, the total replication time depends on the amount of data within your database, so the replication could potentially take several hours.
When logged in to the WMS Sandbox environment, the following message displays at the top of the page to indicate you are using Sandbox:
You can move this indicator to the top-left of the page by clicking the Minimize icon on the far-right of the message.
When logged in to the SmartScan Sandbox environment, a similar indicator displays:
When using Sandbox, it is important to understand how Sandbox differs from production:
- Performance is likely to be lesser than production (not intended for performance or load testing)
- Integrations are unavailable, including SmartDock, EDI, and shopping carts
- Some features are unavailable, including event notifications, Support Portal, Order Summary Dashboard, and Outbound Productivity Dashboard