The Sandbox environment is an instance of 3PL Warehouse Manager and SmartScan that is separate from the live production environment you normally use to manage your warehouse operations. This article reviews the basics of using the Sandbox environment.
If you need help accessing Sandbox, please ask your warehouse administrator to create a user account for you. They'll need to reference the login credentials included in the Sandbox welcome email they received upon purchasing this premium feature.
What Sandbox is used for
Sandbox is essentially an isolated test environment that enables you to do the following:
- Engage in development and integration work without risking unintended changes to your live data
- Experiment with different 3PL and customer configurations without impacting other users
- Take advantage of 30-day trials for premium features
- Gain early access and test new functionality in advance of production releases
What to expect when using Sandbox
When logged in to the WMS Sandbox environment, the following message displays at the top of the page to indicate you are using Sandbox:
You can move this indicator to the top-left of the page by clicking the Minimize icon on the far-right of the message.
When logged in to the SmartScan Sandbox environment, a similar indicator displays:
When using Sandbox, it is important to understand how Sandbox differs from production:
- Performance is likely to be lesser than production (not intended for performance or load testing)
- Integrations are unavailable, including SmartDock, EDI, and shopping carts
- Limited to 50 small parcel shipping labels monthly
- Some features are unavailable, including email notifications, Support Portal, Order Summary Dashboard, and Inventory Reporting
In addition, the Sandbox environment is currently populated with generic demo data. If you would like your instance of Sandbox to resemble your production data, you are more than welcome to manually import your customers' test data into Sandbox.
If you're interested in using Sandbox, contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more.