On June 30, 2021, 3PL Central is discontinuing our support for HTTP to enhance our system security. As part of this effort, you are required to ensure your connector file uses HTTPS if you are leveraging a QuickBooks integration and using a Desktop version (not QuickBooks Online). This article reviews how to update your QuickBooks Desktop connector file to comply with our security standards.
If your warehouse utilizes the Online version of QuickBooks, this information is not relevant to you and no action is required for updating your integration.
To prevent service disruptions, you must update your integrations to utilize HTTPS before June 30, 2021. If you have any questions that are not answered in this article, please reference our Security Initiative FAQs.
When you connected your QuickBooks Desktop instance to 3PL Warehouse Manager, a representative from our Professional Services or Support team provided you with a connector file in QWC format. This is the file that requires updating to comply with HTTPS.
If your QuickBooks application is not located/hosted on your current device, follow the steps below on the machine that hosts the file, or contact your QuickBooks administrator or IT administrator to make these changes.
- Search your device for the QuickBooks connector file. This file is in 'QuickBooks Web Connector' format, and the file name has the extension ".qwc" (if you have file name extensions enabled).
It is critical that you do not modify the name or location of this file. If you cannot locate the file on your device, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support team for assistance.
- Once you find the connector file, right-click on the file name, then select Open with > Notepad (or your preferred plain text editor).
- Locate the AppURL tag, then verify two things: the URL contains the "https" protocol and the domain is set to "secure-wms.com".
- If the URL has "http" or "app02.3plcentral.com", copy the following link to your clipboard:
- Highlight the URL in the file (starting with "http" and ending with "asmx"), then paste the updated URL from your clipboard. Ensure that the AppURL tag is still in place.
- Once updated, the AppURL tag should look like this:
- Next, update the AppSupport tag.
- Copy the following link to your clipboard:
- Highlight the URL in the file (starting with "http" and ending with ".com"), then paste the updated URL from your clipboard. Ensure that the AppSupport tag is still in place.
- Once updated, the AppSupport tag should look like this:
- Save the file, then close the Notepad application. Make sure you do not modify the name or location of the file—if you do, please follow the instructions in Connecting a QuickBooks Desktop Account to replace your connector file.
- Once you save the QWC file, verify that the connection is working as expected by exporting an invoice to QuickBooks.