Return labels are sometimes included with a package in the event that the recipient of an order needs to return one or more items. This article reviews how to print a return label for a customer.
In order to utilize return labels in 3PL Warehouse Manager, you must have a SmartParcel subscription, as well as Return Labels enabled for your account under Admin > Settings.
Please note creating labels that are charged on carrier acceptance is not supported directly for Endicia—you may only use this feature with Endicia accounts offered through Stamps.com.
SmartParcel currently is unable to support return label creation for international shipment configurations. Only domestic return labels are possible.
Step 1: Configure return labels
Before you begin printing return labels, you'll want to make sure you have the appropriate settings configured in the Small Parcel space.
- Navigate to the Settings page in the Small Parcel space, then select a customer from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Returns section to specify which services are used in the event of a return, as well as the return address you want to utilize for this customer's labels. Each field is detailed below.
- FedEx Return Service: Specifies which FedEx service level is used for FedEx returns
- UPS Return Service: Specifies which UPS service level is used for UPS returns
- USPS Return Service: Specifies the type of return when shipping with USPS—by default, the 'Priority' service level is used for USPS returns
- Standard Return: Bills the account the moment the label is printed by USPS
- Pay On Use: Bills the account once the return label is scanned and shipped by USPS (not supported unless configured through Endicia)
- The remaining fields are used to specify what populates as the Ship From address on a shipping label for this customer, as well as the Ship To address listed on a return label in the event of a return. If no contact information is listed here, SmartParcel uses the facility's address defined in the WMS under Warehouse > Manage Warehouse.
Please note that you can also set up a unique return address for a retailer in the WMS under Orders > Shipping Setups > Manage Retailers. If a return address is identified in the retailer setup and a retailer is selected on an order, this address will override the Small Parcel return address.
- Once you enable these settings, click Save. Repeat for each customer as needed.
Step 2: Print return labels using SmartParcel
You can choose to print return labels at the time you print shipping labels or separate from your SmartParcel workflow on the Small Parcel homepage.
Return labels are not supported when using high-volume processing (HVP).
- To print return labels with your shipping labels, select one or more orders from the Small Parcel homepage, then click Pack and Ship. For 'Return Label', select Included.
Both the shipping label(s) and return label(s) generate in the selected format.
- To print return labels separate from shipping labels, select one or more relevant orders from the Small Parcel homepage, then click Manage > Print Return Label and select your preferred format.
Once printed, you have the option to reprint return labels on the Small Parcel homepage under Manage > Print Return Label for up to 60 days after the original print date.