A batch item update allows you to make changes to existing items, including edits to recurring storage rates, UOM, dimensions, billing, track-by's, and more. This article reviews how to perform a batch item update using the new beta experience from the Manage Items page.
This enhanced functionality is currently in a closed beta testing phase. If you're interested in gaining early access to this new functionality before we generally release it, please reach out directly to your CSM or let us know at email@example.com.
First, navigate to Items > Manage Items in 3PL Warehouse Manager, then select a customer from the drop-down menu.
There are three new options within the Manage menu: Export All, Export Selected, and Update Items. Each of these are further detailed below.
- Export All: Allows you to export all items for a customer, regardless of the grid selection
- Export Selected: Allows you to export only items selected from the grid
- Update Items: Allows you to import item updates, regardless of the grid selection
Once you're familiar with each of these options, use the following steps to update your items.
- Decide whether you need to export all items.
- If you need to export all items, select Manage > Export All.
- If you do not need to export all items, select the relevant items from the grid (using < Ctrl > or < Shift > to multi-select), then select Manage > Export Selected.
- Select whether you wish to Include inactive items, then click Export to download the SKU information.
- Open the file on your device, make your changes, then save the file—maintaining the txt format.
For detailed guidance on how to update your items, see Making a Batch Item Update.
- Once you have your changes saved, return to the Manage Items page and select Update Items.
- Click Select Import File (txt), then double-click the file on your device.
The 'Download Current SKU List' button is an alternate way to export all items.
- All changes populate in the Expected Data Changes container. Verify that these are accurate, then click Confirm to update your items and receive a confirmation message.