Once you've packed your small parcel orders, it's time to enter the relevant shipping information and print shipping labels for each order. This article reviews how to ship small parcel orders in the Small Parcel Suite.
Before you can begin generating shipping labels with SmartParcel, there are a few configurations that must be completed:
- SmartParcel is turned on and enabled for your account under Admin > Settings in the WMS
- All orders include a valid ship-to address, line items, and accurate carrier information
- If using a Zebra label printer, Zebra Browser Print is fully configured (see Configuring Zebra Browser Print for instructions)
- Have the following permission assigned to your user role: Orders Module > Manage Orders > SmartParcel
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
Step 1: Enter shipping information (optional)
Before you can generate your shipping labels, it's important to configure the shipping information for your order(s) from the Small Parcel Suite homepage.
You can also access the below shipment options in the WMS on the Find Orders page via Manage > Edit Order BETA within the Carrier and Routing section, as well as under Manage > Edit Carrier and Routing BETA.
- If you're in the WMS, navigate to the Small Parcel Suite via the Spaces menu.
- If needed, use the search filters in the left pane to refine the grid results.
- Select one or more orders from the grid, then click Manage > Edit Shipping Info to open the Edit Shipping Information dialog.
If you are editing shipping information for multiple orders, varying field values display as 'Various'. If you modify a value with multiple orders selected, please note that any saved changes apply to all selected orders.
- The top Carrier Information container populates the shipment details on the order(s). Review and update this information as needed.
- The bottom Shipment Options container allows you to specify delivery and insurance options. Complete each field as needed.
Each field is detailed below—please note that those which contain asterisks (*) indicate that not all carriers and service levels support the delivery option. If one of these options are selected with an unsupported carrier/service, you will receive an error message when you print your shipping labels.
- Require return receipt: Not currently supported
- Saturday delivery*: When checked, indicates that you require Saturday delivery for this shipment
- Residential delivery*: When checked, indicates that the delivery address is residential
- Insurance: When checked and completed, includes insurance amount in the final shipping charge
- Dry Ice Weight*: Indicates the amount of dry ice contained in the shipment
- Int'l Contents Type: Identifies the contents of the order (if no selection is made, the system defaults to Merchandise)
- Int'l Non-Delivery: Specifies the action a shipping carrier should take if they are unable to deliver an order to the specified recipient—choose from the following options:
- Treat as Abandoned: Leave the package in the most secure location at the specified address (defaults to this option if no selection is made)
- Return to Sender: Return the package to the shipping facility or the defined return address (see Configuring Return Labels for more information)
- Delivery Confirmation: Indicates what type of confirmation an order requires—choose from the following options:
- None: No confirmation required
- Delivery: Recipient receives a text or email notification upon delivery
- Signature: Recipient must sign for the delivery
- Adult Signature: Recipient must sign for the delivery and be at least 21 years old
- Direct Signature: Someone at the delivery address must sign for the delivery (specific to FedEx)
- Once you've entered the necessary shipping information, click Save to apply these changes to all selected orders.
Step 2: Print shipping labels
After all the relevant shipping information is specified on your orders, you're ready to generate and print your shipping labels.
- Select the relevant order(s) from the Small Parcel grid, then click Pack and Ship to open the Pack and Ship Transaction dialog.
You can also identify a single order by using the search field above the data grid to scan or enter the order's transaction or reference number.
- Select your label preferences in the SmartParcel container. Each field is defined as follows:
- Process As: Specify whether you're processing a standard or high-volume (HVP) shipment
- Label Format: Select the format you'd like to use to print and reprint your shipping labels—if printing combo labels for HVP shipments, you must select Custom Label (PNG) and then print the combo labels via Manage > Reprint Labels after you've processed your labels via HVP
- Return Label: Indicate whether you want to print a return label with each package (not supported with HVP)
- Combo Label Template: If printing combo labels, select which template to use (not supported with multi-package orders)—once you complete the next step, you must print combo labels via Manage > Reprint Labels
- After you make your selections, you can generate your shipping labels or queue your batch of HVP labels using one of the following options.
- If you are working with a single order and packed the order using SmartPack, click Pack and Ship.
- If you are not using SmartPack, click Ship.
Once you print your shipping labels, the following grid values update accordingly: Parcel Label Type, Small Parcel Ship Date, and Tracking Number.
After your orders are packed and shipped, head over to the WMS to close them on the Find Orders page.