If our default report templates do not meet your reporting needs, you can request a custom report from 3PL Central. We can customize certain aspects of nearly every report in 3PL Warehouse Manager, including consolidating, rearranging, or adding particular data fields.
This article reviews the process for requesting a custom report.
Before you submit an official request for a custom report, we recommend that you submit a support case to determine if any of the current default reports can meet your needs. If no default reports suffice, the Support Engineer you're working with will send you the Custom Report Survey.
Most of the data you need to submit this survey is readily available to most warehouse users. Here's a guide to the fields that you may need help locating:
- Account TPL Number: This is located on your invoice. If you do not have access to your invoice, you can ask your Customer Success Manager or a Support Engineer.
- Report Access / Report File Name: Both of these are asking for information that you can find under Reports > Customize in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
- Report Mock-Up: Adding a mock-up of what you'd like the report to look like can help speed up the custom report development—even something as simple as drawing the extra data and uploading it can give our Report Developer a helpful head start.
Once you submit the survey, your Customer Success Manager and your designated Report Developer will be your primary contacts. They will send you a contract to begin the work, and once we receive the signed contract, your request will be added to the report development queue and the Report Developer will be in direct communication with you throughout the project. Note that most reports are worked on within 10 business days once we receive your signed contract.
After the report is developed and you've verified it meets your needs, the process is complete and the custom report is available to use in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
If you have knowledge of Microsoft Report Builder and SQL databases, you can create your own custom report using the Report Builder 2.0 program in conjunction with the RDL file. Please note there are three important aspects to consider about this process before moving ahead with self-service:
- 3PL Central Support is currently unable to offer any level of support on self-serviced custom reports.
- If you edit any report (RDL file) from 3PL Warehouse Manager, you will not receive support for the report unless you go through the Custom Report Survey linked above.
- If you do need assistance with a self-made report, you are more than welcome to bring your needs to 3PL Central Community to collaborate with other 3PL Warehouse Manager users.
- When downloading an RDL file to edit, make sure you retain the original file on the Customize page—this serves as your connection to the correct report server.
- If you remove the RDL file before uploading your updated report, you may lose connection to that server and must contact us to retrieve it. If this occurs, please fill out the Custom Report Survey linked above and note the purpose of your request in Question #10.
- When uploading your report, be aware of which audience you want to access the report.
- 3PL Users Only: Provides access to all warehouse users
- All Customers: Provides access to all users within your database
- Specific customer: Provides access to all warehouse users and customer users who are assigned to the specified customer