There are several steps involved with configuring and generating recurring storage charges. This article reviews each step needed to get started with recurring storage charges.
To create and manage recurring storage charges, you must have the following permission assigned to your user role: Administration Module > Recurring Storage Charges.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
- Step 1: Configure customer-level settings in Billing Wizard
- Step 2: Configure item-level settings
- Step 3: Confirm recurring charges
- Step 4: Generate invoices
Step 1: Configure customer-level settings in Billing Wizard
The first configuration step is done in the Billing Wizard under System-Calculated Storage and Handling Charge Setup.
Within this setup, there are three separate ways to charge recurring storage rates:
- Automated recurring storage (under the Recur. Storage tab)
- If you decide that the default settings are sufficient, you must still click Save if you are setting these rates up for a new customer or a customer you have never generated recurring storage for previously.
- Manual recurring storage (under the Manual tab)
- These must be manually applied when you confirm the recurring storage charges at the end of the billing period—these apply on top of any automated charges you configure.
- Location storage (under the Loc Storage Rates tab)
- If you don't want to configure storage rates by item (reviewed in the next step), you can set a default rate to apply to specific storage locations configured in your warehouse.
For detailed guidance on each of these options, see Using the Billing Wizard and reference the System-Calculated Storage and Handling Charge Setup section.
Step 2: Configure item-level settings
The second configuration step is done at the item-level under Items > Manage Items.
This method of charging allows you to calculate recurring storage charges based on a number of different inventory counting mechanisms.
To learn more about this setup process, please see Configuring Item-Level Recurring Storage Charges.
Step 3: Confirm recurring charges
Once your recurring storage charges are configured, you must confirm that the charges are accurate via Admin > Recurring Storage Charges.
If you do not use this page to confirm these charges, they do not populate on your customer's invoice.
For confirmation instructions, see Reviewing Recurring Storage Charges.
Step 4: Generate invoices
After your recurring storage charges are confirmed, these storage rates are considered adjustments and included on your customer's invoice once generated under Admin > Manage Invoices.
To search for recurring storage charges, enable the 'Adj. & Storage' search filter and note that the reference numbers are formatted in the data grid with the following metadata: CustomerID^FacilityID^DateTimeChargesWereGenerated-AutoBill.
For more information on generating invoices, please see Managing Invoices.