When creating or editing an item, you use the Assembly section to define components that make up an assembly (also commonly referred to as a kitted item). This article reviews how to create assembly components for an item.
To access this configuration section, you must have the following permission assigned to your user role: Customer Module > Customer Items > Manage Assemblies.
- Select the Assembly configuration section.
- Identify the first assembly component by selecting a 'SKU' from the drop-down menu or entering a 'Non-SKU Material' value.
- Enter a 'Quantity', then click + Add to populate the component in the grid.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each component in the assembly.
- If you need to modify an existing component, select it from the grid, click Delete, then re-add accordingly.
- Optional: Add 'Material Notes' as needed.
- Click Save.
Once you define each component that make up the assembly, you can perform the assembly process under Items > Manage Assemblies. For guidance, please see Managing Assembly Transactions.
You can also continue to the next configuration section—Configuring Item-Level Recurring Storage Charges. If you'd like to come back and edit the item at a later time, don't forget to click Save.