Returns allow you to receive previously shipped items that were returned to your facility and add them back to your available inventory. One primary difference between a receipt and a return is the 'RMA #' field, which is the Return Merchandise Authorization number you receive from the party who returned the goods to your facility.
This article reviews how to create a new return.
Navigate to Returns in 3PL Warehouse Manager, then continue reading below.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
- Step 1: Enter basic return information
- Step 2: Specify returned items
- Step 3: Generate charges and save
- Step 4: Confirm return
Step 1: Enter basic return information
- To create a new return, click Create New Return. Under the 'Notification' tab, select the relevant Customer and Warehouse from the drop-down menus, then fill out any remaining fields that are relevant to the return.
- While the only required field is 'Reference #', we recommend completing all relevant fields for full visibility and record-keeping purposes.
Smart User Tip: You can find all returns in the Find Receipts grid. We recommend having a naming convention specifically for returns to easily search for and find returns, rather than relying on the system-assigned transaction number or transaction date when searching.
Step 2: Specify returned items
- Click the Line Items tab. If needed, select a relevant 'Supplier' from the drop-down menu.
- To enter a line item, click New to open the Add New Line Item dialog, then fill out each field as necessary.
Please note that SKU and quantity (# of UOM) are required fields. If you have track-by's required for the item, you must enter those as well.
- If you have additional line items to add, click Add & New.
- If this is the only SKU on the return, click Add & Close.
- If you need to modify or delete a line item, select it from the grid, then click the appropriate action.
- Ensure the Control Total and the Actual Total are equal.
Step 3: Generate charges and save
- Click the Price & Confirm tab. Note that all associated charges must be first configured. Below is more information for each type of charge:
- System-Calculated Handling: configured on the item setup in the Storage/Handling Charges section; default rates set up in the Billing Wizard
- Other Handling: automatic Returns charge set up in the Billing Wizard under Per Transaction Billing Setup
- System-Calculated Storage: Split Rate for storage per UOM; configured in the Billing Wizard under System-Calculated Storage and Handling Charge Setup
- Material/Special Charges/Freight Prepaid: all manual or automatic Returns charges set up in the Billing Wizard under Per Transaction Billing Setup
- Auto-charges will populate automatically. To add preconfigured manual charges, click the calculator icon to populate those charges, then enter the charge and click OK.
- If you have relevant manual charges configured, you are required to calculate them before you can save the return. If for some reason you don't want these charges to apply, enter the charge as 0.
- Once complete, click Save Changes. You can now find the return on the Find Receipts page.
Step 4: Confirm return
- Once saved, the Manage Open or Existing Returns page will display. If needed, use the 'Print Transaction Record' and 'Attach Documents' functionalities before confirming.
- To complete the transaction and confirm the return, click Enter Charges and Confirm Return.
- Click Confirm at the bottom of the page, then click OK to confirm the charges are accurate.