When our product team reviews product ideas, they carefully consider the overall demand, value, and feasibility of the idea. Feel free to watch the following video to better understand how to use the Product Ideas tool.
Please note that we recommend familiarizing yourself with our Product Idea Policy before proceeding with a product idea suggestion.
Ensure your needs are clearly defined
For our teams to fully understand your needs, you must provide as much detail as possible about your proposed enhancement. Answering the following questions will help ensure that we have everything we need when determining how to build new features and enhancements:
- What are you trying to accomplish with this idea?
- How would this enhancement improve your workflow? Please provide your use case in detail.
- What do you currently do in the absence of this enhancement?
- How are your operations impacted without having this enhancement?
All product ideas go through the same general process, and you can always find your submitted or subscribed requests with the appropriate status in the 'My Priorities' section.
Once submitted, our product team reviews your idea within five business days and updates the status accordingly. If your idea is not declined, it is assigned the 'Awaiting Feedback' status so that other users can review and interact with your product idea.
There are three ways of interacting with existing product ideas:
- Subscribing, or clicking the thumbs-up icon, to express interest.
- Commenting with your own detailed use case to help clarify business impact.
- Prioritizing using the sliders under ‘My Priorities’ to show what you care about most.
Interacting with other users’ product ideas is critical because these three methods directly impact the overall value of an idea and affect its prioritization level on the roadmap.
After 15 people subscribe to a product idea, it is considered eligible for internal consideration. Our product team reviews ideas weekly and meets with other internal stakeholders monthly to decide which ideas will move forward with development. Ideas that are chosen for development are then assigned the 'Planned' status.
Once we decide on the best method of development, the enhancement progresses to the 'Building' status for development. After the enhancement is fully developed and released into the product, the status is then updated to 'Released' and you can find additional feature details in our release notes.