Similar to our Manage Invoices page, the Monthly Invoicing page helps you generate and email all your monthly invoices at one time. The difference in functionality between these two pages is in the ability to send "invoice previews", which allows you to generate invoices for multiple customers at one time with the option to preview the invoices before they are sent.
The invoice preview is a particularly helpful feature if you are using our QuickBooks integration, as it allows you to send the preview to your CSR to confirm accuracy before you send the final invoice to your customer.
This article reviews how to send invoice previews and final invoices using the Monthly Invoicing page.
Before you can continue with the steps below, there are two requirements for utilizing this page:
1. You must have Semi-Automatic Monthly Billing enabled for your account under Admin > Settings.
2. You must identify the relevant email recipients to receive the preview and final monthly invoice. To do this, navigate to Customers > Customer Notifies and enter the email recipient(s) next to 'Invoice Delivered' and 'Invoice Preview', using semicolons to identify multiple recipients.
- Navigate to Admin > Monthly Invoicing.
- Specify whether you wish to Start from the beginning of time or to Set Invoice Date to range end date.
- If applicable, select your Start Date and End Date, then click Generate to generate the relevant charges in the grid.
- Select one or more invoices from the grid, using < Ctrl > or < Shift > to multi-select, then choose an action.
- Click Send Preview to send the invoice preview to the recipients listed in Customer Notifies. Once sent, the 'Notes' grid column populates with the appropriate time stamp and user.
- Click Send Final to send the final invoices to the recipients listed in Customer Notifies. Once sent, the invoice is removed from the grid and automatically populated in the QuickBooks Invoice Queue.
- Click Delete to permanently delete the invoice. Please note that you cannot reverse this action.
It's important to note that when consolidated invoices are sent through event notifications, the system groups them into batches of 25. If you have the 'Invoice Delivered' event set up for Customer Notifies, please note that each recipient will receive one email per batch of 25 transactions.
For example, if your consolidated invoice contains 30 individual transactions, the system will email two separate invoices—one that contains the first 25 transactions, and another that contains the last 5 transactions.