If you have items arrive to your facility that are not associated with an existing receipt, you can create a receipt straight from SmartScan's Receipts module. This article reviews how to create a receipt with SmartScan.
To access the Receipts module in SmartScan, you must have the following permission assigned to your user role: Mobile Scanner > Mobile Receipts.
- Log in to SmartScan, and ensure the appropriate warehouse is selected.
- Tap the Receipts module. Note that the number displayed reflects the amount of Open and Complete receipts among all of the customers associated with the specified warehouse.
- Enter the name of a relevant 'Customer', then tap Create.
- Fill out each relevant field, then click Save.
- Tap Add Line. Scan the barcode of the first item, as well as any associated track-by's, enter the Quantity received, then tap Next.
- Depending on your item setup, the following options may or may not be optional.
- If the item is placed on a movable unit (MU) that has a unique license plate assigned, scan or enter the MU label now.
- If you need the system to assign a license plate, tap the selection box next to Auto Assign ID, then select a Movable Unit Type.
- If you are receiving multiple MUs under one line item, select Split Movable Unit to split each MU into individual line items.
- Scan or enter a location.
- Tap Add.
- The new line item displays in the grid. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each item being received.
To edit or delete a line item, select it from the grid, then tap Edit or Delete.
- If using Directed Putaway, tap Update Put Away, then confirm if you want to override the current putaway location(s).
- No Override: preserves existing locations and assigns locations based on directed putaway rules to line items without a location
- Override All: assigns locations to all line items based on directed putaway rules
- Once you have received and stored all items, confirm the receipt by tapping Finish Receipt. Ensure the charges are correct, then tap Confirm. The receipt is then removed from SmartScan and the associated inventory is available for order allocation.
If the received items were unexpected, we recommend generating a View Transaction Report to provide to your customer.