Notice: This article is currently pending optimization. For more info, please refer to Content Optimization Effort.
3PL Warehouse Manager allows you to set up unique recurring storage charges by customers and items. Your recurring storage setup is done in two parts: the first on the item setup and the second in the Billing Wizard under System-Calculated Storage and Handling Charge Setup.
If you want to apply or edit storage rates to multiple items, please see Making a Batch Item Update.
To set up initial recurring storage charges, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Items > Manage Items, then select a customer.
- Select one or more items from the grid—using < Ctrl > or < Shift > to multi-select, then click Edit.
- Select the Recurring Storage tab.
Note: When editing multiple items, the recurring storage section will not populate any previously configured recurring storage configurations.
- Select a 'Counting Mechanism' from the drop-down list. This field corresponds to a specific script 3PL Warehouse Manager will use to calculate storage charges for the selected items. Depending on the selected counting mechanism, you may need to provide additional information to properly configuring the recurring charge.
Each counting mechanism is explained below:
- Unspecified: refers to an item that is not set up with recurring storage
- Storage UOM: allows you to count by the primary or packaging unit
- Movable Units: allows you to count by the MU type (e.g., pallet)
- Location: allows you to count the location(s) utilized by that item
- Rounding Storage UOM: allows you to round up to a full UOM when a partial is counted
- MovableUnit Sq Foot: allows you to count the square feet utilization of a given MU type
- Catch Weight By Lot: allows you to count the catch weight for the item, specific to a lot number
- Storage UOM By Lot: allows you to count the primary unit, specific to a lot number
- In the next step, you will specify the rates you want to use when calculating recurring storage charges in the Rates grid. Note the following about the Rates grid:
- Each row in the grid defines a rate for a given warehouse/UOM combination, called a profile.
- Use < Ctrl > or < Shift > on your keyboard to select multiple profiles.
- Under the 'Rate' column, enter a rate for a specific profile. You can apply the same rate to multiple profiles by doing one of the following:
- With multiple profiles selected, select a rate to apply, then click Apply to Selected.
- Select one rate to apply, then click Apply to All.
- Once you have configured the recurring storage rates, click Save.
To copy an existing recurring storage configuration from a different item, do the following:
- In the 'Recurring Storage' tab, click Copy From Item to open the Copy Rates From Another Item dialog.
- Locate and select the item from which you want to copy a recurring storage configuration, then click Add. 3PL Warehouse Manager will then copy the recurring storage configuration into the current items’ configuration.
- To save the selected configuration for the currently selected items, click Save.
Once your recurring storage charges are set up, navigate to Admin > Recurring Storage Charges to confirm the rates.