If you don't need to capture serial numbers during the receiving process, you can choose to capture them when you pack the orders using outbound serialization with SmartScan or SmartPack.
This article reviews how to enable outbound serialization for your items and how to serialize during the packing process.
If you're interested in viewing serial numbers captured through outbound serialization, a custom report is required. Please see Customizing Reports for more information.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip ahead to the relevant guidelines.
- Step 1: Enable outbound serialization for each item
- Step 2: Serialize during the packing process
Step 1: Enable outbound serialization for each item
Outbound serialization is configured in the item setup, which you must enable for each relevant item.
- In 3PL Warehouse Manager, navigate to Items > Manage Items and select a customer.
- Select a relevant item from the grid, then click Edit.
- Locate the 'Outbound Mobile Serialization' field under Items > Tracking Options, then use the drop-down list to enable outbound serialization. Note the following information for these options:
- Require Quantities to Match: requires the number of serial numbers you scan to match the number of items being packed
- Ignore Quantity Mismatches: does not require the number of scanned serial numbers to match the number of items being packed
- Require Scan at Pick: this option is for inbound 'Serial Number Tracking' only and does not apply to outbound serialization—if enabling with one of the two options above, a scan is automatically required at pack
- Click Save.
- Repeat Steps 2–4 for each item that needs outbound serialization enabled.
If you have a large number of items that need outbound serialization enabled, you can opt to update them via the Batch Item Update process using Column BC of the export file. To learn more, please see Batch-Updating Items.
Once the items are configured for outbound serialization, proceed to receive, pick, and pack these items as normal using SmartScan or SmartPack.
Step 2: Serialize during the packing process
Pack with SmartScan
After you have completed a pick job for an order that contains an item set up for outbound serialization, proceed to pack the order as normal using SmartScan. If you need full guidelines on packing, please see Packing Orders with SmartScan.
Once you scan the item, you'll also scan each unique serial number and click Next once complete.
Once the pack is finalized, the serial number values are reflected on the associated order.
Pack with SmartPack
After you have picked an order that contains an item configured with outbound serialization, proceed to pack the order as normal using SmartPack. If you need full guidelines on packing, please see Packing in the Small Parcel Space.
Once you scan the full quantity for an item (or scan a partial quantity and click Next), SmartPack requests you to scan or enter a serial number for each item.
Once the pack is finalized, the serial number values are reflected on the order.