A multi-order pick process allows you to batch pick groups of orders that share common SKUs and is the recommended method of picking if you have several medium-sized cartons or case items for multiple orders. The following diagram displays the overall layout of the multi-order pick process.
Once a pick job is created in 3PL Warehouse Manager, you will utilize SmartScan to complete the batch pick. This article reviews how to complete a multi-order pick job with SmartScan.
- Log in to SmartScan.
- Ensure the appropriate 'Warehouse' is selected from the drop-down list, then tap the Pick module. Note that the number displayed reflects the amount of orders available to pick.
- Tap Multi Order Pick Job.
- The orders available to pick will appear based on priority. To begin the order shown, tap Start Pick.
- To skip to the next prioritized order, tap Skip Pick. Once all orders are skipped, there will be an option to 'Reset Pick' to the beginning of the list of pick jobs.
- If a specific location is associated with the pick job, SmartScan will direct you to proceed to that location.
- The Pick SKU/UPC dialog box will open. Scan the 'Location' and 'SKU/UPC' for the first item, as well as any required track-by's, such as Lot Number or Serial Number.
- Enter the SKU 'Quantity', then tap Done. The line item will show a green check to indicate the inventory has been picked.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all items are picked. If you have multiple pages of line items to pick, tap one of the green arrows to navigate to the next or previous page of line items.
To unpick an item, select the appropriate line item, then tap Unpick SKU. Repeat the pick as needed.
- Once you have completed the pick job, tap Finish Pick. A confirmation message will appear.
If you were unable to pick all items associated with the pick job and you have the 'Force Pick Complete' permission applied to your user role, the application will allow you to pick the partial inventory and prompt you to specify a reason. Once selected, tap Complete and you will receive the confirmation message.
Now that the pick is complete, the Pick Done Date column will populate with the appropriate data in the Find Orders grid and the orders will display in the Pack module.