Before you can perform a batch pick in SmartScan, a user must first create a pick job in 3PL Warehouse Manager from the Find Orders page. This article reviews how to create and modify a pick job for one or more orders.
To create a pick job, you must have the following permission assigned to your user role: Orders Module > Manage Orders > Manage Mobile Pick Jobs.
Please note that creating a pick job is only necessary for batch picks—i.e., when performing multi-order picks or pick-to-bin. Single order pick jobs are supported but not necessary for picking.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
Create a pick job
Order(s) must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a pick job:
- Fully allocated with line items
- In a Complete status
- Not already included in a pick job
- For the same customer and warehouse
If the order(s) meet these requirements, use the following guidelines to create a pick job.
- In 3PL Warehouse Manager, navigate to Orders > Find Orders.
- If needed, use the search filters in the left pane to refine the results displayed in the grid.
- Select all the relevant orders you wish to include in the pick job, using < Ctrl > or < Shift > on your keyboard to multi-select.
- Hover over Manage, then click Create pick job to open the Create Pick Job dialog box.
If an option is grayed out, hovering over it populates a message at the top of the page that explains why it is unavailable for selection.
- Optional: From the drop-down menu, select a 'Priority'. 1 denotes the highest priority, while not specifying a priority prioritizes the job based on the time the pick job was created.
- Optional: Select a specific 'Owner' to complete the pick job, then enter any necessary 'Instructions' the picker may need for the job.
- Click Save Changes and Exit. The specified owner can now proceed to pick the order(s) using SmartScan.
Modify a pick job
Once a pick job is created, you have two options for modifying the pick job if it has not already been picked.
- Remove one or more orders from a pick job
- Delete the pick job altogether
To perform either of these actions, select the appropriate order(s) from the Find Orders grid, then click Manage > Remove from pick job or Delete pick job.
A message appears to inform you if the action was successful or unsuccessful.