This article reviews how to connect a UPS shipping account to SmartParcel using your latest invoice on the Manage Carrier Accounts page. For all other carriers, please see Connecting a Carrier Account to SmartParcel.
Please note that UPS requires your latest invoice be used for setup. If your most recent invoice does not match the values entered in 3PL Warehouse Manager, you will receive an error upon connecting.
- Navigate to Admin > Manage Carrier Accounts in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
- Click + Add.
- Using the drop-down menus, specify whether you are setting up a Warehouse or Customer Account, select the relevant Warehouse or Customer, select United Parcel Service, then click Next.
Once you connect a customer's UPS account to SmartParcel, you cannot use your primary warehouse account for that customer when shipping with UPS.
- Read the UPS Technology Agreement, click the selection box to agree to the terms, then click Next.
- Under 'Company Information', complete each field and use the address displayed in the "Shipped From" section of your UPS invoice. Please verify this address with your UPS account manager.
For Canadian addresses, enter the postal code with a space included—e.g., L5T 2W6.
- Complete each field under 'Account Information', then click Next. Note: For Canadian addresses, please enter the postal code with a space included—e.g., L5T 2W6.
- Reference your latest invoice to fill out each field under 'Invoice Information'.
- Fill out the relevant fields and make the appropriate selections under 'Settings'. If setting up a customer UPS account, you should consult your customer on their preferred options. Each field is further explained below:
- Pickup Type (required): identifies the type of pickup specified on the UPS account—typically Daily Pickup
- Mail Innovations Endorsement (required for Mail Innovations users): specifies what the carrier should do in the event of non-delivery
- Mail Innovations Cost Center (required for Mail Innovations users): specifies the cost center associated for billing on the UPS account
- Use Order Number On Mail Innovations Label: when checked, includes relevant order number on the Mail Innovations label
- Use Carbon Neutral Shipping Program: when checked, specifies the UPS account is enrolled in the Carbon Neutral Shipping Program
- Primary Account: not currently functional
- Use Consolidation Services (required for SurePost and Mail Innovations users): when checked, specifies your use of Mail Innovations
- Use Negotiated Rates: when checked, specifies that the UPS account has negotiated rates enabled
- If this option is checked and the UPS account does not have negotiated rates enabled, an error message will display after connecting but your setup will still be successful.
- If the UPS account uses negotiated rates and you do not specify so here, you will not be able to rate shop with negotiated rates.
- Use Ground Freight Pricing: when checked, specifies that the UPS account is set up to ship with Ground Freight Pricing
- Once you've completed the form, click Connect to receive a confirmation message.
Success! Your account is instantly set up, and your warehouse can start shipping against the UPS account. If you need to connect more than one UPS account for your warehouse or the same customer, please see Connecting Multiple Accounts for the Same Carrier before connecting.
If the connection is not successful, please verify all account information is accurate with your UPS account manager, then contact 3PL Central Technical Support for further assistance. Three consecutive failed attempts to connect a UPS account will result in the account being locked for 24 hours. This is a security measure imposed by UPS, which 3PL Central cannot override.