File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from one host to another host over the internet. Each FTP is assigned a unique IP address or web URL, as well as a login and password, to access directories.
Once our Professional Services team sets up your FTP, you must go into the system to set up your FTP event notifications. These notifications generate customizable emails when certain FTP-related events occur. This article reviews how to configure those event notifications from the Customer Notifies page.
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Notifies.
- 'Choose a Customer' from the drop-down menu, then click Select. This page allows you to specify which FTP-related actions trigger an event notification. The options for FTP-related notifications are as follows:
- Orders Created through FTP
- FTP Order Import Failed
- FTP Receiver Import Failed
- 945 Customer Confirmation Not Received
- Under the 'Email Recipients' column, next to the relevant FTP-related field, enter the email addresses for whom you'd like to receive a notification when the specified event takes place. If using multiple recipients for one event, separate them with semicolons.
- To change the default event notification for each event, click Change this cust. for that particular customer or click Change master next to an event to change the email template for all of your customers. For a better understanding of these email templates, see Managing Event Notifications.
- Click Save.
Repeat Steps 2–5 for each customer, as needed.