SmartPack is 3PL Warehouse Manager's most efficient method of packing orders. Designed to streamline your packing process and reduce human error with hands-free processing, SmartPack allows you to indicate package contents with a single scan of each item and package.
This article reviews the general process of packing orders from the SmartPack page.
Before getting started, please ensure that the following criteria has been met:
- SmartPack is turned on and enabled for your account under Admin > Settings
- All package types are fully configured (see Defining Packaging Materials for more information)
- SmartPack settings are defined (see Managing SmartPack Settings for more information)
- Barcode cheat sheet is placed at each packing station
- All shipping scales are fully configured
If you have SmartParcel enabled, you can also print your labels once you're finished packing your order with SmartPack. (General prerequisites for SmartParcel apply—read more here.)
Once you confirm you have met all the criteria mentioned above, you're ready to start packing!
- To get started, head to a packing station and navigate to Orders > SmartPack in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
- Scan the barcode located on your pick ticket or packing slip for the order you're packing. This opens the SmartPack page, in which the top grid displays the Items to be Packed on the specified order.
- Scan the package barcode (located on the package or on the Barcode Cheat Sheet) to identify the packaging material for the first package on the order. The package populates in the bottom Package Contents grid.If you scan the wrong package, select it from the Package Contents grid, click Delete, then scan the correct package.
- Scan each SKU (or UPC code, if configured) that belongs in the specified package. After each scan, both grids reflect the packed contents in the relevant columns—'Packed' and 'Remaining' in the top grid, and 'Quantity' in the bottom grid.
Please note that if you receive a 'Misscan' message upon scanning an item, this indicates that the product has already been scanned into the package or the item is not expected on the order.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 if you have additional packages on the order. If not, continue to the next step.
- Once all items on the order are packed, you have several label printing options available to manually generate and attach to each package. (If you have these labels set to automatically print upon pack completion, continue to the final step.)
- To print a standard carton label, scan the Print Carton Label barcode from the cheat sheet.
- To print a transaction label, click Transaction Label.
- To print a shipping label with SmartParcel, scan the Small Parcel Ship barcode from the cheat sheet. (If you have rate shopping configured, you can also click Get Rates to choose a shipping rate before you print the shipping label. See Getting Started with Rate Shopping for more information.)
- If utilizing EDI, select the appropriate 'Retailer' from the bottom-right drop-down menu. If printing for one package, click the UCC-128 button located in the middle of the page.
If printing for multiple packages, click the UCC-128 button in the lower right-hand corner.
- To finalize the pack, scan the Complete barcode from your cheat sheet. This closes the order and generates any labels enabled for auto-print in the SmartPack Settings.
Aside from the standard packing steps, you can also complete the following tasks on this page:
- Pack a new order. Click Next in the bottom-left of the SmartPack page, then repeat Steps 2–7 above for each additional order.
- Modify the order contents. In the case that the order contents change, you'll want the package data to reflect the change in weight, select the package from the bottom grid, physically place the box on your scale, enter the appropriate weight on the screen, then click Change Weight. Please note that Dymo scales are the only compatible scales supported in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
Smart User Tip: If you have the 'Enable auto weight' option enabled in SmartPack Settings, leaving the box on the scale for approximately 15 seconds automatically weighs the package and modifies the weight data in the bottom grid.
- Unpack the order. In the case that you need to unpack an order, select Clear All in the bottom-left of the SmartPack page to reset the packaging, then click OK to confirm.