The SmartPack Settings page allows you to set up permissions for your warehouse users packing with SmartScan. The Barcode Cheat Sheet is also found on this page, which is necessary to complete the scanning operation at a pack station.
This article reviews each SmartPack setting in detail.
Navigate to Orders > SmartPack Settings.
Select a customer from the drop-down menu, then review each setting and make the appropriate selections. The meaning of each field is defined below.
- Lock on error: When checked, the system will lock upon error and require a specified user to approve a re-scan—users are defined in the 'Email/SMS Notifications' grid, explained below (typically used when shipping high-value items)
- Print UCC-128 per carton contents upon completion: When checked, automatically prints UCC-128 labels after the entire order is packed (requires EDI integration)
- Auto print UCC-128 on new package: When checked, automatically prints UCC-128 labels after each package on an order is scanned (requires EDI integration)
- Direct thermal printing: When checked, specifies that you are using a thermal printer to generate labels
- SmartParcel ship upon completion: When checked, prints shipping label after the pack is completed (requires SmartParcel subscription)
- Auto rate shop on SP Ship: When checked, automatically retrieves the lowest rate available for the order and applies the rates to the shipping label once it is generated (requires SmartParcel subscription and rate shopping configuration)
- Print transaction label upon pack completion: When selected, automatically prints the specified transaction label after the pack is completed
- Auto print carton label: When selected, automatically prints the specified carton label after the pack is completed
- Look up orders by tracking number: When checked, allows you to identify an order to pack by scanning its associated tracking number
- Auto delete packages on load (No warning): When checked, automatically resets previous package data when the order is looked up in SmartPack
- Enable scale: When checked, will enable the use of a scale to use the 'Change Weight' function
- Scale port: When scale is enabled, allows you to enter the serial port for the scale
- Enable auto weigh: When checked, automatically weighs a package left on the scale for 15 seconds and populates the new weight on the order (must have scale enabled)
If you have the 'Lock on error' option enabled above, you must specify which users can override a re-scan in the 'Email/SMS Notifications' grid. To do so, click Add, select a user from the 'User List' drop-down menu, check the Allow Override permission, then click Save or Save & New to grant access to an additional user.
At the bottom of the screen, click Show Barcode Cheat Sheet.
A PDF file will download to your device. (Depending on your browser, you may have to specify that you'd like to save the file.)
Once the file downloads, open the Barcode Cheat Sheet and print the document. Laminate and place the cheat sheet at each packing station in your warehouse to use during the packing process.
Once you've set the desired preferences, click Save.