FedEx One Rate® allows FedEx customers to ship packages under 50 pounds at a flat rate and ensures that you always get billed the same rate if you use FedEx’s required packaging. 3PL Warehouse Manager has added these service levels under the FedEx carrier options for One Rate customers to use with SmartPack and SmartParcel.
In order to take advantage of FedEx One Rate services, you must have the following completed:
- A FedEx shipping account with One Rate authorized—contact your FedEx representative to activate
- SmartParcel enabled for your account
- One Rate packaging materials configured in 3PL Warehouse Manager—explained below
- One Rate service selected in your order—explained below
This article reviews how to successfully ship using FedEx One Rate services.
Step 1: Define One Rate packaging materials
For each package you want to use to pack an order, you must first set them up in 3PL Warehouse Manager. The instructions to do so are as follows:
- Navigate to Orders > Packaging Options.
- Under 'Other', select Define Packaging Materials.
- Click Add.
- Enter the 'Code' you want to use for the package when selecting the service level in an order.
- Enter the 'Description' and package dimensions exactly as listed on the FedEx One Rate website, except without the registered trademark (®)—for example, FedEx Envelope, FedEx Pak, FedEx Small Box, FedEx Medium Box, FedEx Large Box, FedEx Extra Large Box, or FedEx Tube.
Please note that you may need to convert the measurements from fractions to decimal values.
- If you want to default your orders to this particular package option, click the selection box next to Default.
- If you have a UPC code set up, enter the 'Bar Code' for the package.
- Click Save. The new packaging material displays in the grid.
Repeat Steps 3–8 for each One Rate package you wish to define.
Step 2: Select supported service level on order
Not every FedEx service level is supported with FedEx One Rate, so you must ensure that the service level selected for an order is listed below. If one of these service levels are not selected, you will receive an error when attempting to print the shipping label:
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx 2Day A.M.
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx First Overnight
Service levels can be defined by manually editing each individual order, uploading an order import template, or utilizing an integration.
Step 3: Pack order with One Rate packaging