We've enhanced this functionality! To learn more, see Managing Packaging.
Before you can use specific package types when packing an order, you must first define them in 3PL Warehouse Manager on the Packaging Options page in the Orders module. This article reviews how to set up package types.
To define packaging materials, you must have the following permission assigned to your user role: Orders Module > Edit Orders > Process Packages.
Once you have defined your package types here, you can find them on the Find Orders page under Manage > Consolidate Packages, as well as while utilizing SmartPack and SmartScan.
Navigate to Orders > Packaging Options.
Under 'Other', select Define Packaging Materials. A grid will display with all previously defined package types.
To add a new package type, click Add. Fill out each field as necessary, and ensure the listed dimensions are accurate. Each field is further outlined below:
- Code: the value that displays when selecting the service level in an order
- Description: used to quickly reference the package details on the Define Packaging Materials page
- Dimensions fields: carriers require these fields to be complete and accurate for the system to reference when generating shipping labels
- Default: if selected, this package type will be automatically selected on the SmartPack page
- Barcode: value that can be scanned during the packing process to identify the package
Once you've entered the package data, click Save. The new packaging material will display in the grid.
Aside from adding new package types, you can also do the following from this page:
- Edit an existing package type. Select the package type from the grid, then click Edit. Make your changes, then click Save.
- Delete an existing package type. Select the package type from the grid, click Delete, then click OK to confirm. Please note that a packaging material cannot be deleted if it has been used to pack an existing order.
- Return to the main Packaging Options page. Click Close.