The Batch Order Processing feature allows you to take a large set of orders, sort them, and batch them by certain attributes so they can be easily picked and shipped together. Whether you choose to batch items based on their SKU, the customer, or the shipping carrier and/or service, 3PL Warehouse Manager makes it a simple process to do so.
This article reviews how to batch orders manually or automatically and reviews a few helpful tips related to batching.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip ahead to the relevant guidelines.
- Manually add orders to a new or existing batch
- Add orders to a new batch using auto-batch
- Batching tips
Navigate to Orders > Find Orders. If needed, use the search filters in the left pane to refine the results displayed in the grid.
Decide whether you want to batch orders manually or let the system batch them automatically—both methods are outlined below.
Manually add orders to a new or existing batch
This method is preferred when you specifically batch by SKU and quantity to utilize batch-picking.
Select the order(s) you want to batch, using < Ctrl > or < Shift > on your keyboard to select multiple orders, then hover over Batching.
- To add the order(s) to a new batch, click Add to New, enter the name of the batch, then click Create and Add.
- To add the order(s) to a previously created batch, click Add to Existing Batch, select the appropriate batch from the drop-down menu, then click Add.
- A confirmation message appears notifying you that the selected order(s) are batched.
Add orders to a new batch using auto-batch
This functionality analyzes currently open orders to identify those that could be processed in a batch.
- Select the order(s) you want to batch, using < Ctrl > or < Shift > on your keyboard to select multiple orders, then click Batching > Auto Batch.
- A confirmation message appears notifying you that qualifying orders are batched.
- All orders batched using the auto-batch method display in the following format: MM/dd_[custName]_[first-trans#-in-batch].
Now that your orders are batched, here are a few helpful tips related to batching:
- Add batch columns to the Find Orders grid. If you're batching orders regularly, you may find it helpful to add the 'Batch ID' and 'Batch Name' columns to the Find Orders grid via Options > Columns to quickly reference an order's batch details.
- Filter the Find Orders grid by batch. After specifying a customer, you can Choose a Batch in the 'Search by Order Details' filter container to display batches from the last 30 days. Note that the 'Edit Batches' permission must be enabled for a user to access this search filter, found in the 'Orders Module' permission set under 'Manage Orders'.
To search for batches older than 30 days, you must use the relevant column filters.
- View details for all the transactions in a batched order. To view all the transactions in a batch, select at least two orders from the batch, click Documents > Master Pick Ticket, make the appropriate selections, then click Generate. A Master Pick Ticket opens in a new tab in your browser, which lists each transaction on the batched order.