Return labels are often included with a package in the event that the recipient of an order needs to return the package. This article reviews how to print a return label for a customer.
In order to utilize return labels in 3PL Warehouse Manager, you must have Return Labels enabled for your account under Admin > Settings.
Step 1: Enable default return label settings (optional)
There are a few helpful SmartParcel setup options regarding return labels, which are disabled by default, found under Customers > SmartParcel Settings. Though not required, we recommend enabling these options for any of your customers who require return labels with their orders.
- Print a return label with each shipping label. In order to print a return label, you must select the option to include the return label each time you print a shipping label using SmartParcel. To have this option selected automatically, navigate to the 'SmartParcel Return Label' section and select Request Return Label checked by Default.
- Indicate a default service level and return type for returns. Under the same 'SmartParcel Return Label' section, review the following options:
- You can specify the return service level to use when printing return labels for FedEx or UPS from the drop-down menus. (Please note that the service level you choose is subject to the rules of the carrier.)
- When using USPS, the service level defaults to 'Priority' and allows you to specify the return type:
- Standard Return: Bills the account the moment the label is printed by Endicia, or
- Pay On Use: Bills the account once the return label is scanned and shipped by USPS (not supported unless configured through Endicia).
- Specify a custom return address. By default, the return address populates the facility address. To change the default return address, navigate to the 'SmartParcel Return Address' section and enter the address for which products should be returned for this customer.
Once you enable these settings, click Save. Repeat for each customer as needed.
Step 2: Print return labels using SmartParcel
You can choose to print return labels at the time you print shipping labels or separate from your SmartParcel workflow on the Find Orders page.
- To print return labels with your shipping labels, open one or more orders in SmartParcel from the Find Orders page.
- Once you're ready to print the shipping label, select the box next to Incl. Return Label if you chose not to include the return label by default, then click Print.
- Both the shipping label and return label generate in the selected format.
- To print return labels separate from shipping labels, select one or more relevant orders from the Find Orders page, then click SmartParcel > Return Label and select your preferred format.
Once printed, you have the option to reprint return labels on the Find Orders page under SmartParcel > Return Label for up to 60 days after the original print date.