The Manage Carrier Accounts page allows you to set up your shipping account information for each carrier you plan on shipping with SmartParcel. This article reviews the process of retrieving your carrier account information and using that information to connect each carrier account in 3PL Warehouse Manager.
Please note that you must have SmartParcel enabled for your account under Admin > Settings.
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
- Step 1: Retrieve carrier account information
- Step 2: Add carrier account in 3PL Warehouse Manager
Step 1: Retrieve carrier account information
Before you can connect your carrier accounts to SmartParcel, you must gather the account and carrier data for each of the accounts you plan to ship with. The required data varies between each carrier.
UPS and FedEx accounts
Reference your latest invoice with either of these carriers, and retrieve the following information:
- Address associated with your account
- Account number
- Invoice data, if your account has been invoiced in the last 90 days (outlined in orange below)
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Number
- Shipper Number
- Control ID
- Amount due
If connecting a UPS account, please see Connecting a UPS Account to SmartParcel for further instructions.
If connecting a FedEx account, please proceed below.
All other carrier accounts
Each shipping carrier's requirements are listed below.
- APC: Login credentials for online APC account
- Australia Post: Account number, API key, API secret
- Canada Post: Account number, API key, API secret
- To obtain the API values, you must be a member of Canada Post's Developer Program to access your API keys via the developer portal
- DHL eCommerce: See Shipping with a DHL eCommerce Account
- DHL Express: Account number
- DHL Express Australia: Account number
- Endicia: Account number and passphrase
- For more information on your passphrase, see About Pass Phrases and Internet Passwords
- FirstMile: Login credentials for online FirstMile account
- Globegistics: Login credentials for online Globegistics account
- OnTrac: Login credentials for online OnTrac account
- Purolator: Account number and activation key
- If needed, please reference Purolator's guidance for Getting your Purolator Activation Key
- RR Donnelly: Login credentials for online RR Donnelly account
- SEKO Logistics: API access key
- Stamps.com: Login credentials for online Stamps.com account
Step 2: Add carrier account in 3PL Warehouse Manager
Once you have all your carrier account information on hand, you'll need to log into 3PL Warehouse Manager as an administrative user.
For setup instructions, you can choose to watch the following video or read the general guidelines that follow below.
International-based carrier accounts must be set up in a warehouse that matches the country the account is based in—e.g., Canadian accounts can only be used to ship from Canadian warehouses.
- Navigate to Admin > Manage Carrier Accounts.
- Click + Add.
- Make the appropriate selections for the new carrier connection, then click Next. Depending on the selected carrier, you may need to accept a User Licensing Agreement.
Once you connect a customer's carrier account to SmartParcel, you cannot use your primary warehouse account for that customer when shipping with that specific carrier.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and reference your account information to complete the form. Once you click Connect, you will receive a confirmation message.
Success! Your account is instantly set up, and your warehouse can start shipping against the account.
Repeat Steps 2–4 for each carrier account you wish to set up. If you need to connect more than one customer or warehouse account for the same carrier, please see Connecting Multiple Accounts for the Same Carrier before connecting.
If you need to make future changes to this carrier account, please see Managing Carrier Accounts to learn about your options.