With SmartParcel, you can print small parcel shipping labels for most major shipping carriers directly from 3PL Warehouse Manager. This article reviews the process of generating a shipping label for one or more orders using SmartParcel.
Before you can begin generating shipping labels with SmartParcel, there are a few configurations that must be completed:
- SmartParcel is turned on and enabled for your account under Admin > Settings
- All orders include a valid ship-to address, line items, and accurate carrier information
- All package types are fully configured (see Defining Packaging Materials for more information)
- If using a Zebra label printer, Zebra Browser Print is fully configured (see Configuring Zebra Browser Print for instructions)
- Have the following permission assigned to your user role: Orders Module > Manage Orders > SmartParcel
Skip Ahead: Use the following links to skip to the relevant guidelines below.
Navigate to Orders > Find Orders.
If needed, use the search filters in the left pane to refine the results displayed in the grid. Select one or more orders from the grid, then click SmartParcel > SmartParcel.
Review delivery options
Before printing the shipping label, you may want to review the following delivery options and decide if they apply to the shipment:
- All order information defined in the Shipment tab, besides the 'Package Detail' section, cannot be edited from this page.
- The 'Package Detail' information populates from the dimensions defined in SmartPack or in the item's configuration on the Manage Items page under Units of Measure > Packaging Unit.
- If needed, you can edit the dimensions or add additional packages with the ( + ) button. Please note that any modifications sends updated dimensions to the specified carrier once the label is printed, but these changes are not reflected on the order.
If the product you are shipping will be packed the same with each shipment, it is best to use the dimensions defined in the item setup.
- Under the Options tab, you can specify a number of values that apply at the time of delivery, such as a Saturday delivery or required signature.
- The Insurance tab allows you to dictate what kind of insurance you wish to include with the order. The only supported Insurance Type options are Carrier and Third Party, which indicates where the insurance will be purchased.
If you're interested in requesting shipping rates at the time of printing labels, please see Getting Started with Rate Shopping.
Print shipping labels
Once you're ready to print your labels, locate the 'Print Labels' section at the top of the SmartParcel page.
Select the 'Label Format' in which you'd like the shipping label to print. Before specifying whether to 'Include Return Label' or 'Process High Volume', please see Configuring Return Labels and Processing High-Volume Shipments respectively—these options may not be enabled for your account.
Once you're ready, click Print to generate the label(s) in the selected format.
Reprint shipping labels
To reprint shipping labels, you must have previously printed a shipping label. From the Find Orders page, select one or more orders, hover over SmartParcel > Reprint Shipping Label, then select Reprint in the appropriate format. Please note that you can only reprint shipping labels in the format originally specified, and the shipping label is available for up to 60 days after the original print date.